We are so happy! Our pets are growing so big! It's amazing how fast they grow up..just like our children. Before you know it, they (the pets) will be just like part of the family....eating at the table with us.....going places with us....maybe camping..six flags....church.....
They are becoming very special to us and thought maybe I could take some photos of them in candid shots without them knowing so you could get a true feel of what their personalities are like.. Some of them were very shy, and you really can't get much out of their photos...so you will have to take our word for it..they really are special and can do lots of neat tricks!
Want to see them???
Ok.....
Here they are....
First up, we have.....
These little guys....who are not
so little
anymore...
They are eating so much!!
They are very active!!
We all look at the ants daily to see their progress. It really is quite interesting! Don't laugh! It really is!
Yep! It's an Ant Farm! Meghan got it for Christmas. They are in a gel like substance and they love it!
Jacob got our next pets for Christmas too..but they are still very small and you really can't see them on camera:
Yep! SpongBob Sea Monkies!! You know......we all had sea monkies when we were kids... I remember when I had mine..they were so special to me.. I loved watching them squiggle around in the cage...the way their 16-48 legs all moved in unison together to propel them through the water. It was mesmerizing... Then one day, as I was coming home from school, I ran into my room to see the cloudy, murky green water, and see if my sea monkies needed to be fed......
What? Where were they? They were gone! They weren't on my dresser anymore.....
"Mom, have you seen my sea monkies?" I yelled as I was running through the house....
"Oh, son.." she said... Like a warning something worse was going to come out of her mouth...
she continued..
"They all died. They were sick and they all died when you were at school."
I was crushed! How could all hundred of them die?? They were fine in my glass mayonnaise jar before I left for school. What, did they all get a sudden sea monkey disease that is lethal in 2-4 hours? I might have went into my room and cried...or I might have went in to the living room to watch Speed Racer and Gilligan's Island...
Then I had to use the bathroom...so between commercials since we didn't have a DVR back then, I ran to the bathroom...and guess what I saw? A few of my beloved sea monkies in the toilet..swimming around... How did they get there? I thought that was a weird place for them to be since they were all sick and dying with a toxic sea monkey disease. I tried to scoop them out, but I couldn't get them fast enough in the swirling water...and then they were gone..
I asked my mom if she knew some of the sick sea monkies had escaped and somehow jumped into the toilet....
She didn't know... and to this day, it still remains a mystery how the sick sea monkies found their way into the toilet.
My theory is that when my mom buried the sick sea monkies out in the back yard, some of them may not have been all the way dead, and clinged to my mom's clothes as she was burying them, and then when she came back into the house, they were looking for water..and the toilet was the closest watering hole they could find...
8 comments:
Did you mean for me to laugh so hard that I cried? I sure hope that was the plan....
Keni had some sea monkeys. They were just starting to mature in our kitchen window and we enjoyed them immensely. One day Jackson poured them down the drain. It was quite tragic for all of us. Well, not HJ, but the rest of us for sure.
Then ants look cool. Will you name one of your pets after me? And give me regular updates?
We will name them ALL after you.. Then when they get out, and we have to call their name, we won't call them the wrong name.
Genius!!
Ant Kelly #1, #2, #3, etc.
Seay Monkey KJae #1, #2, et.
Me likey. Thanks!! I can't wait until the all get out and you video the process of calling them back to their homes. Good times.
How are all the little Kellys doing? Kiss them all for me....
Done. Maybe we will mail you some if they become sick and you can nurse them back to health.
That would be AWESOME!! Although I'm really hoping none of them get sick. How would one go about nursing ants and/or sea monkeys back to health? Talk about a challenge! I'm going to go ahead and trust in your abilities to keep them safe and well...
I think you have to cuddle them, let them sleep in your bed, and feed them special sauce with a bottle. I think you can get the bottles on ebay. You may have to change their diapers depending on the situation.
Agreed! Just let me know when to step up and be a good mommy.
Post a Comment