Saturday, January 17, 2009

Is It Really The Middle Of Winter??

Is it really Jan 17?  The middle of winter?  You take a look at these photos and tell me??  It was 71 degrees today!  We couldn't let a day like that go to waste, so we spent a lot of time outdoors today...boarding, biking, and geo caching.

Meghan is learning really good how to ride her new longboard which she totally loves!  She has been spending the time when she is not riding her longboard, learning tricks with her yo-yo. She is getting good at that too!  I gotta get some photos of her soon with her yo-yo.

Sorry the video is so shaky.  I think we were having a slight earthquake. This is California you know!

Jacob was out riding his bike.

Then Jacob, Meghan and myself (Doug) went caching. We usually try to get ones that are semi close together along trails and paths and we take scooters to speed up the walking.  Yep..even I take a scooter!  Meghan took her longboard and we couldn't keep up with her! We found 10 caches along the trail today.

Here's one that the owner carved out the bottom of a rock to make room for the cache.

This one was hidden in a bush along the bike trail.

We were logging one of our finds, and Meghan looked over the field and said, "Look!  This doesn't look like California!  It looks more like Utah! There no trees, stores, or roads!" 

And an update on our pets...  I don't think the sea monkeys are going to make it.  They might 'disappear' one day after Jacob comes home from school.

The ants however, are doing very well. They are digging all over the place. Maybe we should dump the sea monkeys in the ant farm? 

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

Oh Noooooo!! Not my sea monkeys!! What can I do, what can I do??!?

Thanks for ruining my night.