Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hmmm.. What Should We Do Today?

What? A Saturday with no plans?  We have to change that!

What should we do today?  What’s this I see laying on the shelf? Oh, it’s a season pass to Six Flags calling out to be used. 

Ok, fine. Let’s go!

You are surprised? Where else did you think we would go?

Actually, we had planned to go today because we had a secret for the kids. I won 4 passes to Swim With The Dolphins but we didn’t tell the kids.  (I enter so many contests, I don’t even remember which one this was from, but I do know it was from Comcast)

So we went to our normal stomping grounds at Six Flags and walked over to the dolphin pool and said something like, ‘wow it would be cool to swim and pet and ride the dolphins’ and all the kids said, yeah that would be fun. So we walked over to the dolphin place and kept going and I started to ask the kids what size their shoes are, and what their height and weight are. Meghan and Marissa got smiles on their face, and then I signed all the waivers and the kids were off to class. 

They have a 45 min class on dolphins etc and then about 35-40 mins in the pool with the dolphins.

It was a once in a lifetime chance and we made sure to tell the kids that we were very lucky to win and they probably won’t get to do this ever again so to soak it all in.  SOAK it all in, get it? ha ha….

Here are some pics and vids for your viewing pleasure:

 

Medussa: 10 years old this year, still one of the best and smoothest coasters out there!

 

 

Now for the dolphins:

 

 

 

 

 

The LOVED riding the dolphin. Hannah and Marissa missed ‘catching’ their ride  the first time around.

 

 

 

 

 

These next 4 pics are the ‘professional’ ones that came with our package. They are bigger photos to keep and I just scanned them.

 

 

 

 

So you want to experience our day today too? Here is the final tally what it would cost you:

6 Admissions to Six Flags: $30 each = $180 (Free with our season pass)

6 Sodas: $4.25 each = $25.50 (free from coupons for coming 5times this year)

VIP Parking": $25 (free from coupon for coming 5 times this year)

4 Swim With Dolphins: $150 each = $600 (included a $15 photo each)

Grand Total: $835.50

Our Cost: Negative $60 due to selling (scalping) of the 4 admission passes that came with the dolphin passes.

 

We had a great day and the kids LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

Thanks Comcast!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

WOW....I'm totally jealous. I loved the pictures with the dolphins. So cute!!!