Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Marissa!

So this week was Marissa's Birthday, turning the ripe old age of 14 on the 15th.  We first went to dinner at Buca di Beppo's but forgot the camera. We then went over to Grandma and Grandpa Gwilliam's house to share Marissa's birthday cheesecake, since we couldn't eat it all!

 

Meghan lit the candles......

 

Marissa made her wish and blew the candles out...

 

Even Grandma and Grandpa's new dog, Louie, was happy for Marissa's birthday, showing off by standing on his back legs and hopping around.

 

While at Grandma and Grandpa's, Meghan told them about her dance class at school and how they are on clogging right now, and Meghan is the only one in the class that knows how to do it, and she is even better than the teacher!  All those clogging classes so long ago are finally paying off!  Meghan showed some of her steps the best she could in her non-clogging shoes, and I had to secretly video her, but she finally found out at the end of her dance.

 

We then went home and Marissa opened up her presents.

 

I think this next photo was what happened when Marissa realized she was no longer a 'baby' and was now grown up enough that she could go to dances now since she is 14!  She said something like, "I am so old now, I don't have to wear diapers anymore! See???" and then proceeded to show us:

 

Then it was time to open presents: Here are just two of them: (Some of you may be wondering about the way she is acting in these videos. Nothing to be concerned about. She is always 'happy' like this!)

 

Earlier that day, Hannah wanted to prepare a special dance for Marissa. She she got out her Cinderella Dancing Lesson dvd and mat and practiced:

 

And here was Hannah's special dance for Marissa:

 

And of course, after family prayer, was the event Marissa was most looking forward to!  Do you remember our tradition?  Yep! The spanking tunnel!  We had to do my (Doug) spanking tunnel too, since my birthday was when we were in San Diego last month, and we didn't do it.  Bur unfortunately, the camera was out of battery or something like that during my spanking tunnel, but luckily, it was working for Marissa's spanking tunnel:

We love you Marissa! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

Happy Birthday! I really don't know about that spanking tunnel though.

Kelly Hill said...

Yeah, it kinda creeps me out too. But at least I'm not focusing on the eye freckle now.

Happy Birthday, Marissa! We love you.....

Keni said...

OH MY GOSH I FEEL LIKE A DOPE!!!! I am so sorry that I forgot your birthday was that soon! I am stupid and thought that it was after Christmas! I am so sorry! You really haven't changed WAY too much since third grade! Luv ya lots!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anjanette Lofgren said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are!!! Hannah looks just like the way I remember Marissa!

Please tell Shelly "hi" for me!